Leo's Audio DSP project

Friday, August 17, 2007

My first Mac AU plug-in is implemented

I implemented the Mac AU plug-in version of the chorus effect. I didn't change the DSP parameters to turn in into a flanger effect but I could do that easily. My main goal was to finish the software plug-in version.

The plug-in was based on a tremolo AU plug-in C++ source code provided by Apple, Inc. I replaced the DSP algorithm with my own and created Dry/Wet and Depth controls for my own effect.

The plug-in was tested on the latest GarageBand and sounds great with no artifacts.

The plug-in file is available upon request.


Post a Comment

<< Home